Pork Filet w/ Mushroom Sauce
December 15, 2018
- Cut the pork into 1-2 inch thick medallions, and then flatten to make a consistent size
- Chop rosemary finely, mix with salt and pepper on a plate, and then roll all the pork medallions in the mixture
- Use another plate and put the rice flour in it. Roll the medallions to cover them in the rice flour
- Slice the mushrooms and heat a stainless steel pan over medium-high heat. Cook 4-5 minutes or until browned
- Set mushrooms aside in a bowl
- Add a tbsp of oil and tbsp of butter to the pan if needed
- Cook medallions until brown on each side, then roll the sides to let the oil hit them
- Cook in batches and then set medallions aside
- On medium high heat, add the white wine and deglaze the pan. Reduce until the pan is almost dry and the wine has thickened, then add the mushrooms, chicken stock, and cream.
- Reduce until thick (if you need help thickening, add a slurry of cornstarch + water).
- Place medallions on plate, cover with sauce. Garnish with parsely.